Performing as a Pianist in South Wales.
I enjoy performing as a pianist in South Wales as the people are very musical and appreciative. Over the last few years, I have got to know many musicians who live there. Furthermore, and I have found them to be a great bunch of guys to work with.
South Wales seems to host a lot of weddings and most of the time I’m booked as a wedding pianist. However, I also provide music for private parties, corporate events, and outdoor events. When it comes to outdoor events, I can run my equipment without mains electricity. Also, I can provide a gazebo for cover, if needed.
From a Solo Pianist to a Jazz Band
Most of the past work I have done in South Wales has been as a solo pianist but I’m starting to do more and more with larger line-ups. I can provide any line-up from just a duo (piano and bass or piano and vocals) right up to a five-piece jazz band. Here is a full list of the line-ups I can offer:
- Duo – piano and bass
- Trio – piano, bass, and drums
- Quartet – piano, bass, drums, and sax
If you contact me I can help you find a line-up that will match both your budget and space at your chosen venue.
Most of my visits to South Wales are as a jazz pianist. The music I play is easy to listen to and is not ultra-modern. My influences are jazz pianists like Oscar Peterson, Monty Alexander, George Shearing, Erroll Garner, and Dudley Moore – rather than being influenced by the music of the Be-Bop genre (Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, etc.).
I try and make my music have a ‘feel-good’ quality. I also hope my music will add sparkle to your event, without drowning conversation.
My work as a wedding pianist involves playing other styles of music besides jazz. It isn’t uncommon for couples to have a different style of music for each part of the wedding day. These styles play include pop, blues, rock, Latin, classical, and even sing-along.
You can visit my HOME PAGE HERE
Please explore this site by clicking the links on the left of this page.
Here are some of the venues I’ve visited in Wales as a pianist:
- Craig Y Nos Castle, Brecon Road, Penycae, Powys
- Celtic Manor, Coldra Woods The Usk Valley, Newport
- De Valence Pavilion, Upper Frog Street Tenby, Dyfed
- Morlais Castle Golf Club, Pant, Merthyr Tydfil
- Penmaen House, Penmaen, Swansea, Gower, Glamorgan
- Peterstone Court Hotel, Llanhamlach, Brecon, Powys
- St Mellons Hotel and Country Club, Cardiff, Glamorgan
- Celtic Manor Resort (The), Coldra Woods, The Usk Valley, Newport, Gwent
- The West House Country Hotel, West Street, Llantwit Major, Glamorgan
- Maes Manor Country, Hotel & Restaurant, Maes Rudded Lane, Blackwood
- Portmeirion Hotel, Portmeirion, Gwynedd
- University Of Wales Newport, Caerleon Campus, Newport, Glamorgan
- Portmeirion Town Hall, Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales
- Glynneath Golf Club, Penygraig, Pontneddfechan, Neath Port Talbot
- Buckland Hall, Bwlch, Brecon Beacons, Powys
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, Llanwddyn, Powys