Performing as a Pianist in Buckinghamshire
My name is Eugene Portman and Buckinghamshire provides me with a constant supply of work as a pianist. The county is quite local to me, so it makes sense to do as much work as I can in the area. Buckinghamshire has a great variety of venues and I’ve played the piano in many of them. Because the county is quite rural, there are many country houses and castles. In fact, a lot of these have become venues for all manner of events and parties.
I have mentioned how often I work in Buckinghamshire, but most of my work is as a wedding pianist. I’m sure that this is due to the choice of venues in the area. Also, the county is popular for couples living in London wishing to marry away from the throng of city life.
Buckinghamshire provides me with a lot of work as a solo pianist, but I can provide larger line-ups. As a matter of fact, these line-ups range from duos and trios right up to a five-piece jazz band. The full range of line-ups I can offer is as follows:
Duo – piano and vocals or piano and bass
Trio – piano, bass, and vocals or piano, bass and drums
Quartet – piano, bass, drums and vocals or piano, bass, drums and sax
Five Piece Jazz Band – piano, bass, drums, sax and vocals
If you contact me I can help you choose a line-up that will match both your budget and available space at your chosen venue.
Jazz is very popular in Buckinghamshire and this has been the key to me receiving so much work in the area as a pianist. I love jazz and my jazz piano style has been a direct result of listening to the great pianists of the past. These great musicians include the likes of Oscar Peterson, Erroll Garner, and George Shearing. I am also influenced by the music of Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, and Louis Armstrong.
Because I play the piano for so many weddings in Buckinghamshire, I have to be able to play many different genres of music. This is so that I can play different styles of music for each part of the wedding day. Some of the genres I play are pop, rock, Latin, classical, blues, and even sing-along.
Performing as a Sing-along Pianist in Buckinghamshire
The demand for me as a singalong pianist in Buckinghamshire has been a recent thing and has become something I love. It is mostly London themed events that need this style of music. Yet, it has become popular for other kinds of events such as weddings and corporate events. Please see Singalong Page for more information. Alternatively, visit www.uksingalongpianist.co.uk and find out when I am next playing the piano for a sing-along event in Buckinghamshire.
Here are some of the venues in Buckinghamshire I have visited as a pianist:
- RAF High Wycombe, Naphill Bucks HP14 4UE
- The Derehams Inn, 5 Derehams Ln, Loudwater, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP10 9RH
- Inn at Woburn (The), George Street, Woburn, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK17 9PX
- Hall Barn, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire HP9 2SG
- Bisham Abbey, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1RT
- Hartwell House, Oxford Road, Nr Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP17 8NR
- Parkside Hotel Milton Keynes, Woughton On The Green, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK6 3LR
- Chicheley Hall, Chicheley Road, Chicheley, Buckinghamshire MK16 9JJ
- The Garibaldi, Hedsor Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire SL8 5EE
- The Broughton Hotel, Broughton, Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire MK10 9A
- Halton Houses, RAF Halton, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP22 5PG
Please visit Eugene’s HOME PAGE HERE
Please explore this site by clicking the links on the left of this page.