Performing as a Pianist in South Wales
To get a job in Cornwall as a pianist is a real treat for me. Furthermore, I just wish I could do more work in the area. The county is extremely picturesque, as everyone knows, and most of the venues are in stunning locations. There is no wonder that the area is popular for weddings and most of my work in the area is as a wedding pianist. Besides weddings, I also perform at many private parties and corporate events.
From a Solo Pianist to a Jazz Band
Cornwall supplies me with work as a solo pianist, but I can also offer larger line-ups. These range from duos (piano and bass or piano and vocals) up to a five-piece jazz band. Here is a list of all the line-ups I offer:
- Duo – piano and vocals or piano and bass
- Trio – piano, bass and vocals or piano, bass and drums
- Quartet – piano, bass, drums and vocals or piano, bass, drums and sax
- Five Piece Jazz Band – piano, bass, drums, sax and vocals
Jazz is my thing and my jazz piano style has developed by listening to the great jazz pianists of the past. These include Oscar Peterson, Art Tatum and George Shearing. In addition to these, other influences on my music are Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Benny Goodman.
I do a lot of work in the Cornwall area as a wedding pianist. Playing the piano for weddings requires an ability to play many different styles of music. Furthermore, couples often request a different style of music for each part of the wedding day. Besides jazz I play blues, pop, rock, Latin, classical and even singalong.
When performing, my main job is to entertain. One way that I try and achieve this by playing music that everyone knows and loves. Music that sits well in any social situation. My main aim is to make my music add sparkle to an event without drowning conversation.
There has been a recent trend in Cornwall to hire me as a sing-along pianist. This sort of music works well with Wartime events and Cockney nights. Please see the sing-along page or visit www.uksingalongpianist.co.uk for more information.
Here are some of the venues in South Wales and surrounding areas where I have performed as a pianist:
- Buckland Hall, Bwlch, Brecon Beacons, Powys
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, Llanwddyn, Powys
- Craig Y Nos Castle, Brecon Road, Penycae, Powys
- Celtic Manor, Coldra Woods The Usk Valley, Newport
- De Valence Pavilion, Upper Frog Street Tenby, Dyfed
- Morlais Castle Golf Club, Pant, Merthyr Tydfil
- Celtic Manor Resort (The), Coldra Woods, The Usk Valley, Newport, Gwent
- The West House Country Hotel, West Street, Llantwit Major, Glamorgan
- University Of Wales Newport, Caerleon Campus, Newport, Glamorgan
- Portmeirion Town Hall, Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales
- Glynneath Golf Club, Penygraig, Pontneddfechan, Neath Port Talbot
- Maes Manor Country, Hotel & Restaurant, Maes Rudded Lane, Blackwood
- Portmeirion Hotel, Portmeirion, Gwynedd
- Penmaen House, Penmaen, Swansea, Gower, Glamorgan
- Peterstone Court Hotel, Llanhamlach, Brecon, Powys
- St Mellons Hotel and Country Club, Cardiff, Glamorgan
You can hire me as a jazz pianist in South Wales, Cardiff, and Swansea
The music is ideal for weddings, corporate events and parties.
Please visit my HOME PAGE HERE
Here is a list of the areas I cover as a pianist in Wales:
Cardiff, Swansea, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Carmarthenshire, Caerphilly, Flintshire, Newport, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Wrexham, Powys, Vale of Glamorgan, Pembrokeshire, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Ceredigion, Isle of Anglesey, Blaenau Gwent and Merthyr Tydfil