Pianists and Jazz Bands in Hampshire
There is quite a thriving music scene in Hampshire and there are barely enough pianists in the county to cover the many weddings and events. The venues range from castles and historic building to hotels and golf clubs
The biggest part of my work in Hampshire is as a solo pianist and is in both venues and private homes. In addition to my services as a solo pianist, I can also offer larger line-ups and combos. These range from duos and trios right up to a five-piece jazz band.
Weddings and Events
Hampshire has a lot to offer as far as restaurants, golf clubs, and hotels are concerned. I perform as a pianist at a lot of Hampshire’s many venues for weddings and other types of events. There are a lot of thriving businesses in Hampshire and corporate entertainment is where a lot of my piano work lies.
Like most of the counties in the South East of England, Hampshire is popular for weddings and civil partnerships. This is mainly due to the fact that it is only a stone’s throw from London and the other home counties. Many Londoners like to escape from the metropolis once in a while – especially on their wedding day. It is due to this popularity, that I am hired so much as a wedding pianist in many of Hampshire’s wedding venues.
My specialty is jazz piano, but please don’t let that frighten you off. The music is a direct result of listening to the likes of Oscar Peterson, George Shearing, and Erroll Garner. In other words, I am influenced by a more melodic style of jazz, rather than the more avant-garde forms of jazz.
During my travels around Hampshire as a pianist, I have noticed that versatility is very important for weddings. In order to be successful as a wedding pianist, I have to be able to play music from many genres and styles of music. These genres include rock, pop, Latin, blues, classical, and even sing-along. My main aim is to try to make my music have a ‘feel-good’ quality and I intend it to sit comfortably in any social occasion. I hope that my music will add sparkle to your event, without drowning conversation.
I’ve noticed a trend in Hampshire to book me as a sing-along pianist and this is something I really enjoy. This sort of thing goes down well at Cockney and Wartime themed events. However, I am sometimes asked to perform this style of music at formal events such as weddings and Masonic evenings.
Here are some of the venues in Hampshire that have used my services as a pianist:
- Stansted Park, Rowlands Castle PO9 6DX – This is a lovely venue and they do have a nice piano in one of their rooms.
- Barton Mill, Bartons Lane, Basingstoke RG24 8AE
- Rhinefield House Hotel. Rhinefield Road. Brockenhurst. Hampshire. SO42 7QB – This is a great venue in a lovely area and is very popular for weddings. I always enjoy playing the piano for events and weddings at this venue.
- The Elvetham, Hartley Whitney RG27 8AR – I visit this venue on a regular basis as a pianist for weddings. They have a grand piano in one of the rooms.
- Haseley Manor, Arreton, Isle of Wight PO30 3AN
- Highfield Park, Heckfield, Hook RG27 0LG
- Lainston House Hotel, Sparsholt, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 2LT – A nice venue and I usually play the piano here a few times every year. They have a piano in the main building which is really nice to play. However, I always take a digital piano when I am playing in the Dawley Barn.
- Chilworth Manor, Chilworth, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 7PT
- Bartley Lodge Hotel, Old Lyndhurst Road Cadnam, Southampton SO40 2NR
- Lismoyne Hotel, 45 Church Road Fleet, Hampshire GU51 4NE
- The Memorial Hall, Littleton, Winchester SO22 6QL
- Botleigh Grange Hotel, Grange Road, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 2GA
Please visit my HOME PAGE HERE
Please explore this site by clicking the links on the left of this page.