Performing as a Pianist in Kent
I perform frequently as a pianist in the Kent region and most of my engagements are as a wedding pianist. Kent is a very popular choice for couples who would like to get married away from the hurly-burly of London city life.
From a Solo Pianist to a Jazz Band
My performances in Kent are a mixture of both as a solo pianist and also in line-ups from the duo format (piano and vocals or piano and bass) right up to a five piece jazz band (piano, bass, drums, vocals and sax). If you contact me, I can help you find a line-up that will fit both your budget and available space at your chosen venue.
Whether you book me as a solo jazz pianist or the full jazz band – I will always try and make the music have a feel good quality. I hope this quality makes the music sit comfortably in any situation without drowning conversation.
I play all the great jazz standards and jazz songs made famous by the likes of Frank Sinatra, The Rat Pack, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald and Fred Astaire. This style has developed by listening to the great jazz pianists of the past such as Erroll Garner, Oscar Peterson, George Shearing and Monty Alexander.
I am principally a jazz pianist, but as a wedding pianist I have to be adept at performing music from many genres from classical music to rock. I can provide music for every part of your wedding day including the ceremony, wedding reception, and wedding breakfast. I can play a range of music from the piano works of Chopin and Debussy to Coldplay and the Kinks.
Here are some of the venues in Kent where I have performed both as a pianist for events and as a wedding pianist:
- Kent National Golf and Country Club, Watermans Lane, Brenchley – There’s no piano at this venue, so pianists must take their own instrument.
- Archbishops Palace, Mill Street, Maidstone – Piano on site which is always reasonably in tune. Eugene has played for quite a number of ceremonies at this historic venue.
- St. Augustine’s Priory, Priory Road, Bilsington, near Ashford – Piano in main house, but a digital piano is needed in the priory itself. This is lovely and unusual venue set in the beautiful Kent countryside.
- Combe Bank School, Sundridge, Kent – A lovely venue where Eugene has frequently played. They have three pianos which can be used for weddings and other events..
- West Heath School, Ashgrove Road, Sevenoaks – This venue does have a piano, but a digital piano is sometimes needed. Eugene has plyed for quite a lot of weddings over the years at this venue.
- Sandwich Guildhall, Sandwich – A great historical venue which is available for weddings and other events. The Guildhall does not have a piano.
Please visit my HOME PAGE HERE
Please explore this site by clicking the links on the left of this page.